Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Stuff

Apparantly George Lucas is launching a Star Wars TV show with a comedy slant to it, and Seth Green is one of the showrunners? Count me fucking in. Also, dudes, the Cartoon Network CGI series Clone Wars is actually kinda tight. At least as good as the end of Episode II and all of Episode III, which are actually decent in spite of whatever you might hear from the haters. They only pale in comparison to the holy original trilogy because those 3 movies stand as probably THE BEST ADVENTURE MOVIES OF ALL TIME. Suck on it.

If anyone actually reads this blog (and I don't think anyone does) and you get EPIX on demand, watch The Long Riders. It is super tight, and has the Carradine brothers and Stacy Keach in the main roles, which you should be excited about if you are not. It is directed by Walter Hill, the cult director who did The Warriors. I have always liked that movie, but am just now realizing he left behind a treasure trove of obscure cult hits like the movie I just mentioned and also Undisputed, Wild Bill (with Jeff fucking Bridges in the titular role), and Last Man Standing. I also recently read in this dude Vern's column on AICN that Undisputed 2 and Undisputed 3 have been partly responsible for a renaissance of modern action films that have subversively used direct-to-video as an unlikely avenue to release superior modern action films. This is largely due to Hollywood being unwilling to greenlight classic-style action films that rely on practical effects. They make more money off of big budget computer image movies, but if I had my way car chases would go back to the no-cuts/real driving days and all stage fighting would be performed by legitimate professionals. I recently saw Iron Man 2 in the theater, which I loved, but one thing really irked me - that talentless hack Scarlett Johansen's action sequences were all blurred out and edited choppily? And do you know why? Apparantly she insisted on doing her own stunts. BUT SHE IS NOT A STUNT PERSON. So we have to watch some crappily edited and blurred action sequence so her resume can look a little more impressive? BRING IN A FUCKING PROFESSIONAL. Actually, that sentiment goes for her acting roles and singing career too. BRING IN SOME FUCKING PROFESSIONALS. GET THIS NOBODY OUT OF HOLLYWOOD, PLEASE!.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why I said "left behind a treasure trove", I don't think the man is even dead... Oh well, facts are for people who care.

    ReplyDelete