Friday, April 30, 2010

Chris Hemsworth: New Genre Hero?

AICN posted the first picture of lead actor Chris Hemsworth as Marvel Comics' Thor today...looks cool. It inspired me wikipedia his casting credits, which are very minute at this point, only a handful of films, but he is shaping up to be quite the modern Genre hero! I remember him from his great bit part as Captain Kirk's father in J.J. Abrams' incredible Star Trek reboot, but he also will be in an upcoming remake of Red Dawn (they better not fuck that up), and also the world's first stereoscopic-3D cabin-in-the-woods horror movie - CABIN IN THE WOODS. I'm easy to please so I'll be in the theater for that one, no matter what the quality of the production ends up being. Just to be my generation's equivalent of somebody seeing Evil Dead at the drive-in in the '70s.

No comments:

Post a Comment