Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Recognize I'm BAAAAACK

That's right, bitches. After a long delay due to not having internet or cable services in my home after losing my job, I am now re-wired and rejuvenated. So let's get to the fucken NITTY GRITTY.

Iron Man 2 trailer! You can view it at a full and glorious 1080p at APPLE.COM/TRAILERS. I read somewhere that Mickey Rourke spent time studying prisoners in Russian prisons for this role. The gold teeth are a nice touch. His character, Whiplash, is supposed to be the son of the original Crimson Dynamo--Professor Vanko. First Jeff Bridges and now Mickey Rourke. Favreau and I seem to have similar taste in actors. I do slightly prefer Terrance Howard to Don Cheadle, but if you have to replace Mr. Hustle And Flow then I can't think of anyone better. Also, random recommendation...check out Red Belt by David Mamet and starring Don Cheadle from a couple years ago. It's a combination art/action/drama that is a lot more potent of a blend that it sounds. Very impressive low budget work.

I recently saw Disney's traditionally-animated throwback The Princess And The Frog and loved every minute of it. The animation is gorgeous, and the writing is on a par with early 90's classics Aladdin and The Little Mermaid. A must see for anyone with kids or anyone with a significant inner child.

I kept hearing that B.O.B. song on the radio with that white dude singing the chorus and wasn't very impressed. Sounded like a Lupe wannabe to me at first. Boy, was I wrong. He just happened to pick a terrible lead-off single. His newest song "Bet I Bust [Ft. T.I., Playboy Tre]" has no indie tendency what-s0-ever and proves B.O.B. is poised to swag his way into the game with the best of the hustlers. His flow is deep and succinct and his swag is completely individual to any other major rapper I've heard, he's got "it". I suspect he'll be a big name in 2010. Also, in the world of rap, Young Money head Lil Wayne made a quiet acquisition before going to prison back in February. He signed upcoming New York MC Cory Gunz to Young Money. No tracks have been released as a result of this yet, but Cory Gunz' freestyle on A Millie which can be seen on Youtube, or his mixtape with DJ Drama show an extremely young rapper with unprecedented talent. His flow is even sicker than Wayne's was at that age. Wait till this kid gets about 23 years old. Cory should prove to be as big a cash cow for Wayne in the long run as Wayne has been for Baby.

Don't pay to see Hot Tub Time Machine in a theater.

I have been playing the shit out of God Of War III for PS3. The opening sequence of the Titans climbing Mt. Olympus leading into a battle with Poseidon is the single most enthralling thing I've ever seen in a video game. And the action gameplay mechanics are as refined as any action game I can remember playing. I give it a 9. The writing could be better. Still, the writing is mostly the least important thing in a video game.

Baseball season is here. I have nothing to elaborate on that with, I'm just saying I have to stop blogging to go watch the Red Sox game which is about to start at 1:00.

Carry on, my wayward children.

No comments:

Post a Comment