Sunday, January 3, 2010

Holy shit, fanboys! Batman: Arkham Asylum won't let me have my life back!

Do you like Batman? Do you like video games? Do you own an XBOX 360, PS3, or current PC? If you said yes to all three of these questions then you ABSOLUTELY MUST GO BUY BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM. IT OWNS MY SOUL. I don't even know why I'm blogging instead of playing it. PERFECTLY EXECUTED VIDEO GAME ART aimed at EXTREMELY DISCERNING COMIC BOOK FANBOYS. AND THERE IS LOTS OF HARLEY QUINN/POISON IVY FAN SERVICE. Now I must wipe my forehead of these beads of sweat and digress to another topic.

Which is: BATMAN! I just was reading this new Batman mini-series written by Kevin Smith called The Widening Gyre and it's pretty damn good. And of course it's Kevin Smith so it's pretty funny, too. Batman gets a legit girlfriend and spends his days lamping around Barbedos or some shit with some supermodel-looking chick and flies back to Gotham every night to do the usual roughing up of baddies. Kevin Smith gets to write about Bats getting nookie... his dream job, I'm sure.

Cause of all my game playing I have been ignoring the Billboard charts and basically treating music like a bastard step-child. I'll have to catch back up on everything I've missed in the coming weeks. I did read that Kanye West was serving food at a soup kitchen for New Year's but I guess he only gets that high profile coverage when he does something impolite. People are so concerned with politeness. All these people starving and being murdered in the world and everyone in the U.S. is so worried about such inconsequential bullshit. Like pop culture blogging.

I finally got around to watching the extended recut of Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's film Sin City and I'm glad I did. The stories are much more enjoyable in the separated format that the comics were in, and the whole Short Cuts treatment never really did them any favors. This way it's kind of like HBO-styled TV episodes. And of course the cut footage is nice, too.

It's been a rough holiday weekend of drinking so I don't have much else to report right now. I'll be watching the Rob Zombie Halloween II extended cut this week and trying to recall what's different from when I saw it at the theater. I'll also be watching the movie Ponyo On The Cliff By The Sea by Miyazaki, my favorite animator.

A Happy New Year to everyone out there in blog world. I have to go because the GF wants me to make coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment