Thursday, February 18, 2010

Correction from yesterday: Invented Sex (Remix) is not the best thing on the radio, but it is pretty close. Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart still has that honor. What a great song.

I was late on the ball seeing Avatar in 3D iMAX but I finally did and it deserves all the praise and money. James Cameron is a long-proven pop genius. I would give him this title based off Aliens and Terminator 2 alone, but here he is all these years later still making movies that define the science fiction of the current time and technology. Apparantly the dude who directed Taken is directing a built-for-3D-from-the-ground-up adaptation of Frank Herbert's glorious Dune. Can't fucking wait.

Found out Robert Rodriguez is not directing Predators. Boooooo. But, he is writing it. So I will pay for a theater ticket. I'm more excited about Machete anyway, I think. It's a close call.

Read that the Farrelly Bros. Three Stooges movie is still not going anywhere. Please MAKE THIS MOVIE WITH THE ORIGINAL CAST YOU ANNOUNCED MOTHER FUCKERS. SEAN PENN, BENICIO DEL TORO, JIM CARREY. NOW. And redeem the last portion of your careers god dammit. Because who is even making good comedies any more? It is not a good time for comedy... I guess the times have gotten too serious. There was The Hangover, and The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard recently. What was really good before that? Borat is the last actually classic comedy that I can remember before Hangover. Someone please tell me I'm wrong. I'd hate to think the country is forgetting how to laugh. Or maybe reality TV is already making us laugh enough. Jersey Shore Season 2 FTW. Also, though, I think comedy is probably the hardest genre to make a classic movie in. Getting somebody to laugh the first time they watch a movie is fairly simple, but comedies are difficult to build for scrutiny.

Toy Story 3 trailer looks really great. Glad to see Pixar getting back to the same ballpark as classic Disney traditional animation. There has been no torch-bearer for traditional American family animation as Pixar has been edging further towards animation that might end up in the Special Interest section next to Triplets Of Belleville and whatever else film festival garbage. They're better than that. Don't get me wrong, Wall-E is some kind of adult-animation masterpiece I suppose, but that is not what these guys are supposed to be doing. They are the only interesting thing happening at Disney animation-wise and if they cannot deliver classic pop family animation then the artform is truly dead.

GF home. Y'all come back now ya hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment