Wednesday, May 12, 2010

3D Judge Dredd Movie

Scriped by the guy who wrote 28 Days Later and Sunshine (who I believe had far more to do with those movies being cool than Danny Boyle, who I find to be not a "bad" director at all, but more mediocre than people would care to admit. Sure, I love Train Spotting, but who doesn't. The source material, meaning the novel, was the groundwork for great drug cinema. I give you, on the other hand, The Island... A Life Less Ordinary... Millions... Shallow Grave... *YAWN*. I don't believe we've given enough credit to Boyle's 28 Days/Sunshine writer, because he hasn't pulled any of this less intersting material out from the cinematic abyss. And those movies I just named make up over HALF of his filmography.)

Anyway, back on topic, this new Judge Dredd movie is supposed to stick close to the source materia (the concept art is being drawn up by people at 2000 AD), the writer is more than credible, and hell... anything would be better than that terrible Stallone version.

No comments:

Post a Comment