Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Jules Verne rolling in his grave

First LOST, now a Dwayne Johnson-starring sequel to Brendan Frasier vehicle Journey To The Center Of The Eart entitled Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. Indeed to be loosely based upon the classic adventure/mystery novel The Mysterious Island. How about we stop getting half-assed imitations and somebody actually make a badass modern film version of The Mysterious Island. Fincher is greenlit to do a live-action 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, so I would much rather that team eventually take on this material through Disney. Much like Guillermo Del Toro's upcoming ultra-reverent-and-faitful film adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's penultimate classic At The Mountains Of Madness. Those two films have me frothing at the mouth for footage (the Fincher and Del Toro projects).

Machete this week bitches! I may not get to see it until Tuesday after all. I was slightly upset to see the bad ass 7" Machete figure listed on Amazon.com Toys & Games is down to one remaining In Stock item... fuuuuuuck. It is okay, my first real paycheck on the 15th will garner me one 12" Buffy Seth Green as 'Oz' figure and my long-desired Uncle Sam blu through Blue Underground. Can't fucking wait to see that movie in a truly glorious transfer as I am only experienced its exploitation slasher glory in a terrible VHS transfer.

I am soon ready to experience the lost film glory of Kurt Russell's first John Carpenter collaboration, TV's 'Elvis' from 1979! As a huge appreciator of Elvis Presley, John Carpenter, AND Kurt Russell this has been on my to-see list since I heard of its existence a year ago. Bad ass. Let's hope this turns out to be less anti-climactic than when I was able to track down Robert Rodriguez's lost TV movie Roadracers (Meh.)

Also, almost NFL regular season time, bitches! Go Packers! And the boy Brett is back for season 20... can't wait to see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment