Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sookie Does SCRE4M

Damn, had to double-post as I just read on AICN that Anna Pacquin, who I am a fan of not only for her role on True Blood but also from doing a lead voice on the Disney dub of Miyazaki's Castle In The Sky (one of my absolute favorites), has joined the cast of Scream 4! This should be exciting to pop horror fans, as this little project (which promises to be the start of a new trilogy) is looking better and better -- Wes Craven back to direct, Kevin Williamson back to write (his absence is primarily why Scream 3 sucked balls), David Arquette, Neve Campbell, and Courtney Cox back in secondary roles as their original characters, and some exciting young actresses picked for the central roles are making this sound like the most exciting Wes Craven project since the original Scream. I also happen to be a fan of the Craven/Williamson team-up Cursed which was released afterwards, but this movie basically bombed... I like to attribute it as a negative reaction to the oft-maligned werewolf genre. Why do people hate werewolf movies so? Me and the fiance recently watched an HD copy of The Howling, and boy do I love that movie. Joe Dante is the man! And speaking of Joe, I have finalized my plans to see Piranha 3D in 2D tonight... boo-yah.

No comments:

Post a Comment