Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cars 2 Teaser

is up on apple.com/trailers in pitch-perfect 1080p. It shows next to nothing, but as far as microscopic teaser trailers for a movie almost an entire year away, I sure am happy about it.

In my mind it would be nigh impossible to top their opus Toy Stor 3, which for my money is the single best film released this year to date and has a 99% likelihood of remaining so. That being said, it is a smart move to follow up with this movie.

#1 - It continues their momentum of shifting back toward the Disney-styled family films that the company was originally known and loved for. Honestly, with Disney no longer making 2D family masterpieces (though I did love Princess And The Frog, but feat it was a one-off), Pixar is our best and only source of truly AFI quality animated family film.

#2 - This sets the expectations initially a little lower, as Cars remains one of Pixar's least-beloved films among adults (I personally love the film as it reminds me of my hometown... I believe many were turned off by the casting of Larry The Cable Guy, who does just fine). Therefore if they pull off an A+ film everyone will be pleasantly suprised

and...

#3 - This time they are in Eurasia and, although I've only seen concept art of an F1 car, I can only assume we will finally see those McLaren, Maybach, Lamborghini, Bugatti-calibur cars the end of the first film hinted at. Honestly, if you're making a beautifully animated film all about cars, SHOW US THE GOOD SHIT

I hope there are many other great movies to look forward to next summer, but I believe the big one will be 2012 with Joss Whedon's The Avengers and Chris Nolan's Batman 3 with also an obligatory Pixar offering to look forward to I'm betting... (Incredibles 2, Monsters Inc. 2, or Finding Nemo 2... I'll take ANY OF THE ABOVE)

No comments:

Post a Comment