Friday, October 22, 2010

Minority Report

It's funny, I caught this movie on HBO in an uncut 720p presentation tonight and I was enthralled. A movie I had seen originally as a pretentious 22-year-old, working at Hollywood Video the week it came out, and absolutely deplored it. Everything about it. Tom Cruise, Colin Farrel, 90's Spielberg (which I still mostly detest)... the whole package. Now, as a veteran couch potato whose earned his stripes watching movie after movie after movie day in and day out for the past few years, I find myself of the complete opposite opinion. The film is stunning to look out, expertly acted, terrific sci-fi narrative from one of the true masters of the genre... a pitch-perfect example of mature Hollywood cinema. It is in every way superior to both A.I. and War Of The Worlds... watching this movie I find it hard to believe The Beard coughed up the dreck that was Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull. THAT Spielberg is lost to us, forever a part of the 80's... the Michael Jackson of cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment