Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fuck I love Halloween

And I love just watching random shit around Halloween that can otherwise not be justified as a solid investment of time. Case in point: It's 12:30AM, I just finished my night shift at work. I flip on the TV and cruise my movie package for something, anything in a horror variety that happens to be starting at 12:30AM. Only one movie fits the description, so I watch it... Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight. Cool. I had seen Bordello Of Blood, but never Demon Knight, and its the perfect excuse to take in a trivial horror release from the '90's but it's cool in a completionist sense because I am a big fan of the series and had seen the only other Tales From The Crypt feature film. Afterwards I'm finishing a beer and smoking a little, knowing I'll pass out soon so no big investment on starting a movie I don't plan to finish, and the first horror flick I see On Demand, for free, and in HD is Bride Of Chucky. I appreciate the first three but never liked the later sequels much, as I remembered from when the originally released. But the first 15 minutes of this shit is pretty cool to be randomly watching on Halloween night. We learn about Chucky's psycho girlfriend from pre-doll/serial murderer era and she does some voodoo shit to resurrect him, he pulls the lipring out of some goth dudes face and blood starts pouring out the dude's face. Solid stuff and I feel obligation-free as far as voiding the rest of the movie and going to sleep 30 minutes in with no plans to finish or restart later. Halloween is badass.

Tomorrow my real shit will be more selective. We'll wake up early and go see the screening of Rosemary's Baby at theater. Then we'll carve pumpkins, grab some lunch, and then in the afternoon start my Cale-selected night of Halloween programming. I'll replay holiday favorites from our childhood like It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (as I missed the recent network presentation due to work) and the Garfield halloween special I used to love as a kid. The one where Garfield goes as a pirate and there's that creepy ghost. I also plan to screen the unaired Munsters pilot, and a still-TBA horror film, and a Greg Nicotero FX featurette or two leading up to the 90-minute debut of Frank Darabont & Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead on AMC (with FX provided of course by Greg Nicotero and KNB).

I'm pretty big on Halloween. Shout out to Modern Family for having a tight halloween episode this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment