Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Darren Aronofsky + Tron Legacy



I don't know if it's a trailer or a music video, but I fuckin' love it. It's like the music video that Daft Punk couldn't afford to make. I wish this shit was 1080p so bad, I bet it's just awe-inspiring (particularly through a decent sound system). I couldn't see this particular Daft Punk track taking off as a single, but as the soundtrack to what you're looking at here it couldn't be more top notch. As a fun comparison, watch The Strokes' 12:51 video to wrap your head around music video production values, then watch this immediately afterward. Quality, baby.

And I have not brought up the Darren Aronofsky thing in this blog (which I only I read) because he is constantly attached to sweet-sounding projects that never come to fruition, but holy fuck it seems like Aronofsky really is going to direct Wolverine 2. How many times have you seen that in the history of a franchise... where the first movie is absolute shit, and then the second is a genre masterpiece before it even hits film? I can't think of a comparison. I still would prefer the now-cancelled Arofsky Robocop reboot, but I'll be fuckin' damned if this isn't some pretty damn good consolation material.

It's funny, I had stopped caring about Wolverine. The Chris Claremont/Jim Lee X-Men #1 was the comic that got started as a kid, and of course Wolverine was my favorite character at the time... Mark Texiera on the Wolverine solo book at the time really sealed the deal. Overtime, and especially after Bryan Singer's Wolverine-heavy X-Men films, I got Wolverine'd out. But I have to say, his incorporation into The Avengers (along with Spider-Man) is incredible. I love him in that book, because in the comic book equivalent of the 1992 USA Olympic Men's Basketball team...he just plays brilliantly as an equal character among the best of the best fan favorites. This Aronofsky movie is a great start to wooing me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment