Friday, October 8, 2010

Kenny Chesney

The two things I am most excited about this week are the Packers v Redskins game on sunday and Kenny Chesney's album. I understand how much of a Redneck this theoretically makes me but I'm just keeping it real, man. That shit is ridiculously good. I like it in all the same ways I appreciate pop rap... it's authentic genre music (which makes it legitimate culture in my book) with sophisticate pop engineering values. Wikipedia him. He is country as shit. He played high school football. Yet he has the oratory presence of a true country entertainer, as much as George Jones or Garth Brooks or anyone else. Dude is the real deal. I like that Easton Corbin too. Country has been a half-decent detour until Wayne gets out. Or a second Lady Gaga album... whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment